header
shadow2
 
shadow6
 

header
Cornucopia at Oldfield provides the perfect setting for weddings and special events of up to 150 people during the spring, summer and fall seasons. There are 2-1/2 acres of rolling lawns, a beautiful private pool setting, flower and water gardens, a gazebo and a large patio. These amenities coupled with a historic house that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and located within Southbury's historic district provide the environment for a very special day or weekend. To preserve our property's natural beauty it is only available for a select number of events annually. In addition to the wedding and the reception, Cornucopia at Oldfield can also be the site for a shower, rehearsal dinner party or a farewell breakfast.

Our public rooms and the grounds are the perfect setting for other events including anniversaries, holiday parties, luncheons, business receptions, annual meetings, and teas.

We work with you to plan an event that reflects your wishes, and help you to coordinate the details to ensure a flawless, worry-free day for you. Our short list of requirements below will help plan your event while respecting our home and property. Together, we will create your ideal day in a picturesque setting your guests will talk about for years to come.

Requirements and Fees:

  • All five guest rooms at Cornucopia at Oldfield Bed and Breakfast must be reserved for a minimum of 2 nights at the standard rates. ($2000 plus CT occupancy tax of 15%). * Standard cancellation policies apply.
  • There is a property usage fee based on the number of people, the duration of the party and the time used for set-up and clean-up. The fees are approximately $15- $20 per person.(plus CT sales tax of 6%).
  • Based on the estimated number of guests a 25% non-refundable deposit is due on booking the event plus a $500 damage deposit. The remaining 75% is due immediately after the event.
  • The damage deposit will be returned within one week after the event subject to any adjustments for damage as well as the number of hours or guests varying from the estimate. Portable toilettes are required for events in excess of 50 people: * Minimum 1 for every 50 people
  • Portable toilettes must be covered with a tent so as to provide a proper setting for your guests and not to detract from the beauty of our grounds.
  • Liability insurance and a zoning permit from the town of Southbury for a tent where applicable are required for the event.

Justice of the Peace Service

As a Justice of the Peace, Christine will work with you to create a ceremony that reflects your relationship. Whether it's a formal service or a casual gathering, she can make your wedding a memorable and meaningful event. Christine will communicate with the two of you to help you integrate all of the important elements of your wedding to create a celebration that reflects just who you are.

Approved Vendors:

Equipment rentals:

Preferred caterers:

Use of another caterer is acceptable under the following conditions: At least one face to face meeting is required at the Cornucopia at Oldfield Three references from past clients with a similar event Agreement to work with our rental partners

Suggested Florist:

  • Flore Florist 203-405-1760

Music, flowers and photographers are your choice but communication with the innkeepers beforehand is recommended


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thank you for such a lovely baby shower. The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. The food was paced perfectly  and everything was delicious....and everyone noticed!   We enjoyed the warm relaxed atmosphere which allowed for an intimate, personal gathering and sharing.  It couldn't have been better.

Susan, March 2010
Washington Depot, CT

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thank you for a wonderful way to make our first wedding anniversary special. Your hospitality is wonderful and we truly enjoyed the beautiful historic atmosphere. Everything was perfect.

Joan and Gary, Barkhamstead, CT October, 2008

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thank you for a great girls weekend! Your inn is so lovely and the food was delicious. You were very generous and helpful to plan all our activities to make it the perfect weekend for bridal festivities.

Jacqui, Elizabeth; Robin, Heather, Pella, NYC, NY 10/2005

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

782 Main Street North, Southbury, CT 06488 - Tel. 203-267-6772 - Email: innkeeper@cornucopiabnb.com